Welcome to Thursday Talks, where Kay will bring you short interviews with Authors, Reviewers/blogs, and Beta Readers.
This week’s interview is with, Author Jackson Kane.
1. Have you ever written something that made you upset?
I had to kill off a secondary character that I wasn't originally intending to. They were originally going to make a full recovery, but it felt too confectionery. The story demanded a darker tone. I'm not sure I'll ever go full on mass-murderer like George R. R. Martin, but a boy can dream...
2. Who is your favorite character that you have written?
Probably Gloria(from Billionaire Takes All), the punk rock girl turned entrepreneur and kryptonite to wealthy CEO Richard King. I once knew a girl a lot like Gloria. We got into a lot of fun trouble together... Hell, I think I had a smile on my face every second I was typing about that character.
3. If you could write a book based on one character from television, books, or someone you meet while developing your author career who would it be and what type of story would you write?
I'd love to write my own autobiography. It would unabashedly be full of lies and hypocrisy. There are little pieces of me in all the books I write, but hot damn! I'd love to write about all the real life adventures I've had. That would be a fun, unbelievable story.
4. What is the worst/hardest question that you as an author have been asked during an interview?
I'm always trying new things and have a wickedly open mind. So it would have to be "What's your favorite drink?" But that's only until I get big enough for people to ask me "How do you sleep at night?"
5. Share your links with us:
Billionaire Takes All (My debut novel on Amazon)
Email list URL
Facebook author page
Jackson's Fan page Facebook group